Dietitians work in a range of fields
Dietitians work across many different fields, including:
- hospitals and aged care – dietitians in hospitals and nursing homes educate patients and family members on eating well. They work with them to make sure that diets meet individual needs. They develop menus to meet patients’ nutritional needs. For example, they adapt menus for people recovering from illness or surgery, or with health conditions like:
- heart disease
- swallowing difficulties
- poor appetite
- private practice and consultancy – dietitians work with individuals, groups and organisations to provide dietary advice. They run health and nutrition education programs and seminars. They may also provide nutrition and health information to the media. 2 Buy Fat Burner Supplements Online
- community and public health – dietitians work to improve eating habits, health and wellbeing in the community. They often work in community health centres. They also work at state or national levels of government to influence food policy.
- food industry – in the food industry, dietitians work to:
- improve the nutritional quality of foods
- develop nutrition education campaigns
- promote food safety
- work with food law and regulations.
- research and teaching – dietitians investigate the links between food and health. They do this to learn how diet can promote good health and prevent disease. Dietitians also teach in universities. Best Healthiest Fat Burner Supplement: Top 7
- sports nutrition – dietitians help athletes, sporting clubs, children and people interested in fitness to eat better. They do this to help them achieve their sporting and fitness goals. For example, they may give advice on how to achieve peak sporting performance, or improve energy and activity levels. 12 Popular Effective Fat Burning Supplements of 2022